Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Friday, February 12, 2016

O Cebreiro to Sarria 2013

In 2013, I walked alone and really enjoyed this stretch from O Cebreiro to Sarria.  I wanted to stay at La Faba, but I got there pretty early and had a couple of hours, so decided to continue walking. I found a room at Albergue La Escuela, a privado with 20 beds and a couple of private rooms. I had a wonderful meal there, and slept like a log!


Albergue La Escuela
I stopped in O Cebreiro for coffee, then continued on, enjoying the wildflowers, once the fog began to lift. This was an unusually chilly June.

Wildflowers were blooming

I spin and weave, and so I was fascinated by this loom


Lunch began with (of course) Caldo Verde


I grew up on a farm, so I love cows!

Inside of a tiny private chapel


These trees are up to 800 years old!


This kitty was hunting something in the bushes
 I walked on to Samos and then to Sarria from there. 
I prefer the walk from Samos, after all these years.
It's just so green and beautiful.
In Samos, I stayed at a private albergue.


***
Need help planning your Camino? 
Don't want to walk alone? 
Don't want to race for a bed?
Walk with us in a small group or alone.
Booked lodging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.