Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

A Mystery Solved - Nestle Superset

On my very first post of this blog,
I was looking for the name of a setting lotion
that we used in the 50's and 60's.
I remembered it so vividly,
even the smell of it,
but couldn't remember the name. 

Several people posted comments saying it was made by Nestle
 and finally, this morning,
 I found a photo. 

Here it is. 
Nestle Superset Wave Lotion.

I LOVED this stuff.
Too bad they no longer make it.
My hair was never so shiny and it really held a curl.

If you remember it and don't mind making a mess,
I posted the recipe for a do-it-yourself version.

Just scroll down the right side of the page
and check out my first blog post.

Whew!  Now I can sleep,
knowing the name of this lotion.
Getting older isn't for sissies.
No it is not!




11 comments:

  1. Hi. I also remember this superset and think it was THE BEST. I cannot find the bold where you posted your DIY recipe. Can you let me know what I’m doing wrong???? I definitely want to use it again. Thanks!!! June Stephens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is one recipe:https://caseykoester.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/secrets-to-vintage-hair-success/

      Delete
  2. I’m trying to find your recipe for Nestle.....is this the one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking for the recipe. I only see the one made with flax seeds, but I know Nestle had lanolin as one of the ingredients. I cannot find it. Specifically, which blog date is it in?

      Delete
  3. The flax seed recipe is the only one I know of. My old blog disappeared and I have not been able to open the files. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to find the name of a gel my mom used in the 60s-70s not sure if it is Superset or not.. I remember it being a lavender color though .. I don't think it was dippidy do. Any other gel names from that era (tall container like superset). It's driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was Nestle's Superwave setting lotion.

      Delete
    2. Thank you.. I am beginning to think that must be it but I swear it was a light lavender color. Wish my mom was still around to ask her. :-(

      Delete
  5. I'm looking for the receipt too. The last time I used this product was in the late 70s and early 80s best product ever for none breakages and rapid hair growth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been thinking of this great setting lotion myself. Always had straight fine hair though I now keep it in a chin length wavy bob by the way I cut it. Super Wave was so great that if you used it putting in pin curls and slept with it overnight, the next morning your hair would be so wavy/curly it was hard to get rid of them if you changed your mind and wanted a straighter look! Too bad they stopped making it, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" old saying. They should bring it back on the market and keep it on the market like Pretty Feet the best lotion for dry feet, even worked well for exfoliating one's hands and face!! Needs to be easier here to find recipe...thank you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.