Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Another Fallen Pilgrim



A French pilgrim (age 35) died of a heart attack on Saturday 
in the municipality of Vega de Valcarce 
as he walked the stretch of La Faba and Herrerias 
on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela.

His brother, age 21, was also doing the Camino de Santiago, 
and has identified his body. 

A call alerted the emergency service 
of a man fainted in the middle of the road up to La Faba. 
Arriving services 112 certified his death.

I do not have the pilgrim's name yet, 
but our condolences and prayers are offered to the family.

Rest in Peace, Peregrino.
May this, your final Camino,
 be sweet.


2 comments:

  1. Frankly, Annie, I envy him! We must all die. If I'm lucky maybe I'll die on pilgrimage!

    JGE+

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.