Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hospederia San Martin Pinario

I decided to spend my last night in Santiago at San Martin Pinario, the monastery which has become a favorite of mine.

Built for Benedictine monks, construction began in the late 1500's and took over 200 years to conclude. 

Elegantly simple, I've attached photos beginning with the entrance. Notice the yellow arrow?  That is the first thing to catch a pilgrim's eye, we are so used to looking for them to guide our way along the Camino. 

Next, I took photos of walking down the hall, and included are photos of my monk cell room. Each room has a tiny but sufficient bathroom with toilet (complete with pull-chain flush, sink, and shower). 

Price for a pilgrim room is 24 euros and that includes a large buffet breakfast making this the best deal in town. Wifi is free in the comedor and you can purchase computer time if you didn't bring electronics. 

Regular rooms run 45 for a single and 60 for a double. They are larger and more luxurious. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.