Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Albergue El Serbal y La Luna

This little albergue in Pieros is very sweet. The house is clean and very pretty. There are two dorms. One is bright with a skylight. The other dark with only one window. The beds are sturdy bunks with comfortable ladders (some ladders are hard on the pilgrim feet!). 

There are four hospitaleros, all young, all appearing to have various jobs, all pleasant. 

You pay 5 euros for a bed, 8 euros for a vegetarian dinner, and 2 euros for breakfast. 

If you don't want a full dinner or if you are a carnivore there is a nice little cafe up the road called Cafe Coffee. I just had the best bowl of gazpacho here!  Cold and tasty!

The bird is a fledgling that dropped out if a nest. They're feeding him beef. I hope he survived!  













4 comments:

  1. Just what the doc. ordered!! Good you found this place or this place found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your Camino. Sounds like you are having a tough time of it and you're not so happy. Hope it gets better now the weather is improving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's been an emotional year for me. I also made the mistake of having expectations...something I warn others not to do. It's so easy to give other folks advice! Not so easy to heed it myself! Lol.

      Delete
  3. Last place I'd expect to see ole Buddha.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.