Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 7: To Jaca we go

The overnight dusting of snow combined with the freezing wind 
 convinced us to catch the 9:37 train to Jaca for 2,55 euro each. 
I feel like the Michilen Man layering every shirt I brought.

The nice T.I. Lady led us to Casa Mamre 
on Billado & Arco streets near the Cathedral Plaza. 
We chose the dorms at 14 euros each including breakfast. 
What a sweet place!

The Priest served a very nice community dinner!
We were joined by several French pilgrims.


I discovered there is a 9 am bus to San Juan Pena Monastery for 14 euros. 
 If it is still cold in the morning we will take that bus and then walk to Santa Celia from the monastery.

This weather is freaky and has people talking in the streets. 
The wind is so cold it cuts to the bone and reminds me of February back home in Oregon.

Surely by end of May this will have passed.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Annie,

    Sounds like you are doing a pilgrim walk in early fall. Don't get yourself chill to the bone. Dress smart to keep warm and eat well to have enough reserve.

    Take care,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is changing today! I think it will be warm from here forward. The mountains sure are pretty though, all dusted with snow!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.